In June, a Delegation of key-decisionmakers from Indonesia visited econ industries in the context of a bfz organised study tour. The goal of the visit was to learn more about econ industries Zero Industrial Waste…! approach.
The Delegation members were impressed by our references and the concept of regional, flexible waste management treatment centres that focus on resources recovery rather than destruction.
During the interactive discussion, delegation members identified a number of opportunities where econs VacuDry® Technology can be utilized in Indonesia to replace outdated incinerators and landfills by vacuum distillation.
Within the lively discussion the following fields were identified to have the highest potential for hazardous waste recycling by vacuum distillation:
- Oily waste from oil and gas industry – to replace disposal in centralized and outdated cement kilns with poor energy efficiency and high emissions
- Mercury waste – to replace transboundary waste export
To establish sustainable hazardous waste treatment centres in Indonesia the following factors for success were identified:
- Decentralized local and regional waste treatment facilities to reduce transport distances by several thousand kilometres
- Recovery of valuable resources instead of waste destruction
- Focus on knowledge transfer and on-going technical support
- Long-term export credits to allow local SMEs to invest in Best Available Technology (BATs)
With this positive Feedback econ industries continues its presence in South East Asia. Follow up meetings in Indonesia will commence in Septembre. econ will take part in the German Pavilion at the Oil & Gas Indonesia trade show from 18-21 Septembre in Jakarta. Visit us at our booth 7216.